Jagat P. Sharma, Architect is a multifaceted architectural firm offering a broad range of services in architecture, urban design, and space planning. In addition to new projects, the firm is experienced in the renovation, restoration and rehabilitation of existing buildings. The firm also offers pre-design services such as zoning, site plan review process, feasibility studies and environmental assessment.
Established in 1981, and led by the principal, Jagat Sharma, the firm has completed a wide range of projects of various building types and sizes.
Principals & Associates:
Jagat P. Sharma, Principal
Master of Architecture: Cornell University 1972
Bachelor of Architecture: University of Delhi, India 1959
Registered as an Architect in State of New York & Maryland
- Private Practice since 1981
- 1980-1981: Gruzen & Partners, New York
- Worked as senior designer. Projects included sixty million dollar housing project near Atlantic city and Atlantic city jail.
- 1972-1980: Victor Bagnardi, Architect, Ithaca, NY
- Worked as an associate in the firm. Projects included Jr-Sr High school, Health clinic, parking structure and several feasibility studies.
- 1970-1972: Graduate Study at Cornell University
- Thesis work involved development strategy for a 400 acre site near Syracuse University.
- 1966-1970: Sargent Webster Crenshaw & Folley, Syracuse, NY
- Worked as a designer. Projects included City of Poughkeepsie city hall, SUNY Cortland athletic complex and Clarkson athletic complex.
- 1964-1966: Ronald Fielding Partnership, London, UK
- Worked as designer/architectural assistant. Projects included an office building and two housing projects.
- 1962-1964: Head of Architecture Department, Govt. of India Undertaking
- Led a twenty man architectural unit for the planning and design of a new town for 200.000 population. Buildings included central office building, hotel, guest houses and housing prototypes.
- 1959-1962: Kanvinde & Rai, Architects & Engineers, New Delhi
- Worked as architectural assistant. Projects included master plan and design of office building and housing prototypes for Nestles Food Products and custom houses. Also worked as team member on a design competition and on IIT Kanpur campus master plan and central library design.
Steven A. VanDeWeert, Associate:
Bachelor of Architecture 1997: Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- Awarded Charles Pratt Scholarship.
- Awarded First Place: national talent search.
- Awarded AIA Henry Adams Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement
- Selected to attend Rome Study program.
- Selected to attend Paris & Briey Study Program
October 1997 to present: Jagat P. Sharma, Architect, Ithaca, NY
Steve has worked on almost every single project in the office. Responsibilities have included architectural design and production, field work, project coordination and project close out.
For each project we assemble a team of highly experienced and professional consultants for the structural and MEP components of the project. Each consultant is selected to address the specific needs of the project. We work very closely with the team to ensure delivery of a fully coordinated set of construction documents.
We convert your dreams into reality